Do you love playing Nintendo games but don’t remember where you have kept your console? Do you want to play GameCube games whenever you want and that too in your comfort zone? Are you eager to try your gaming skills on Nintendo games but have a limited budget to buy the console?
If your answer to any of these questions is ‘Yes’, you will be happy to get this great news that now you can enjoy your favorite Nintendo games on your mobile phone. Don’t get surprised, it is true.
But now, another question may hit your mind: how would it be possible to run Nintendo games on an Android device?
This is quite simple and does not require any additional paid tool to get this done. Fortunately, here the best solution is using the Dolphin emulator, which is excellent software to lets you install and run Nintendo GameCube and Wii games on your Android device without any hassle.
Though this emulator is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux as well, getting it on Android is quite easier than others. But, to enjoy the better gaming experience, you just have to make some settings on your device. It is a powerful emulator which is designed and developed with the aim to regain your childhood memories of playing GameCube and Wii video games.
Now, let’s start learning how to get this amazing emulator on your Android.
How to get a Dolphin Emulator on an Android device?
Getting a Dolphin emulator on Android is simple and easier. It works in the same way as you install other apps on your Android device. So, simply follow these steps and get this emulator ready on your device to run GameCube and Wii games.
- Go to Google Play Store on your Android.
- You need to find the ‘Dolphin emulator’ in the Google Play Store. For this, type ‘Dolphin emulator’ in the search box.
- Once you find the desired app, you require clicking on the Install button.
- Once it is installed completely, open the emulator.
- Pop-up will appear, where you need to click the Yes option for ‘Enable usage statistics reporting agreement’.
- Your Dolphin emulator is ready to use.
If you are getting an error in downloading the Dolphin emulator from the Play Store, you can download the Dolphin emulator APK by clicking the download link here.
Once it is done perfectly, open it and you will notice that there is no GameCube or Wii game in the emulator. So, you need to add these games either by downloading their free ROMs or you can also find them using Google. But, make sure to get the games from reliable sources.
Also, one thing you must always keep in mind that most GameCube and Wii video games have more than 1GB file size, whereas some have 5GB of file size. So, if you have decided to play such games on your Android device, make sure that your device has enough space for their smooth installation and running.
Setting GameCube and Wii Game on Android
As you have downloaded the ISO for the game, it will be saved in either ZIP or RAR format. It means you need to extract this file using some software, such as ZArchiver or WinRAR; they are specifically designed to extract files in a zip or rar format.
Both the software are available on the Google Play Store and can easily be installed from there. Suppose you have installed ZArchiver and now follow these steps.
- Once you download ZArchiver, open it and find the downloaded file of the game you want to play.
- Now, click on the file.
- You will see various options, from where you have to select ‘extract here’ option. Now, your game will be extracted in a folder with the name similar to the zip/rar file.
- After setting the game file, now you can access it easily within the emulator.
- Now, open the emulator and click on the plus sign which is available on the right corner at the bottom.
- Next, browse the game which you have extracted in the previous steps.
- Click on it to start running your game.
Wait, it does not end here. You need to work on certain things to make your emulator work accurately. From the settings of the emulator, check Dual Core and ‘Override Emulated CPU Clock Speed’ options. In graphical settings, you can configure various options, such as Video Backend, Show FPS, Anti-Aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering, resolution, etc.
It is advised that if you are not familiar with these settings, make sure to work on them carefully.
This guide will be quite helpful in getting a Dolphin Emulator on your Android device as well as how you can install GameCube and Wii games on this emulator.
Follow the steps carefully and enjoy your favorite Nintendo video games on your phone.